Terms of Service
In these terms, “I” refers to Elżbieta Chmiel of Respice Finem, and “you” refers to any client, person or entity asking for a quote or engaging me to provide any of my services. These terms apply to all quotes I issue and to all work I agree to carry out.
1. I agree and undertake to complete the work in the format and manner agreed, as described in the requested quote or as specified in writing by you and agreed to by me.
2. I will complete all projects to professional standards. For translation work I will follow accepted best practice and comply with the Government of Canada Publication CGSB131.10-2017 National Standard for Translation Services.
3. I will maintain confidentiality of all client information and documents.
4. I will keep project files for a minimum of 5 years following project completion.
Changes to a project
5. I will accept additions and alterations to a project unless received at a point where I would then not be able to meet the required time frame. In such a case, the additions and alterations would be subject to additional charges.
6. I will communicate any issues to you.
7. Changes that involve me in additional work will be charged at my standard rate of $50 CDN per hour, or on a pro rata basis based on the initial quote.
8. You will need to provide me with all information and files required for a project, and any additional explanations or clarifications I might need during the project.
9. You may cancel a project at any time.
10. Work completed at the time of cancellation will be charged at my standard rates, or as a percentage of the agreed upon quote.
11. Payments are due within 30 days following the date of my invoice, or as otherwise stated in the agreed upon quote.
12. Client intellectual property will remain yours. Once the invoice(s) have been paid in full, intellectual property in projects, translated documents or presentations will be assigned you. Intellectual property in the know-how, processes and methodology I use will remain my property.
13. I will provide attribution to the creators of any works mentioned or images used in slide deck creation, as per the Canadian Copyright Act.
14. I will verify the copyright of the images provided by you for slide deck creation. If any images cannot be used, I can perform an image search for you charged at my standard rate of $50 CDN per hour.
Translation quality issues
15. I will promptly investigate any queries regarding the quality of the work I have produced, and will rectify any errors without charge. However, it is recognized that judgements of translation quality are subjective and often a matter of individual preference. I reserve the right to charge clients for requested amendments to translations that I assess as having been of acceptable professional standard.